Pages

Thursday 16 January 2014

his Chigozie Agbim the worst goal keeper nigeria ever had

     
his Chigozie Agbim  the worst goal  keeper nigeria ever had 





Super Eagles goalkeeper reveals how his teammates stood by him after he conceded two soft goals against Mozambique in a CHAN Group A match on Wednesday night.
Needing to avoid defeat to prevent themselves from bowing out in the group phase, the Super Eagles went into the break against the Mambas with the scores locked at 2-2 after Agbim had allowed Dario Khan’s free-kick from well over 30 yards out to go through his hands, while for the second goal he went to ground, allowing Diogo to score in an empty net.
Agbim admitted his first half performance was well below par, but thanked his teammates for their words of encouragement which enabled him to complete the 90 minutes without any further blunders as Nigeria won 4-2.


“I was disappointed when the first goal came. I don’t think any goalkeeper would be happy when he concedes a goal like that. But I give credit to my players. They just talked me up; they said they would fight for me,” the 29-year-old said.
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi also backed his number one, saying: “The second goal … this field is very slippery. I mean, there is nothing you can do. I have known him [Agbim] now for two years.
“Talented goalkeeper, but when you play on a field like this … it happened to [Itumeleng] Khune the South Africa goalkeeper [against Mali]. The first goal though, I can’t complain … the guy [Khan] hit it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other NotJustOk Post

NotJustOK Archive